Some older third-party email apps (that do not use our Yahoo branded sign in page) require you to enter a single password for login credentials. If you’ve activated two-step verification or Account Key for your Yahoo account, you’ll need to generate and use an “app password” to access Yahoo Mail from these apps.
- Sign in and go to your Account security page.
- Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
- Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
- Follow the instructions below the password.
- Click Done.
- Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.